While February in Tucson brings with it gems and rodeo days, this year it also celebrates a serious dose of people who make the Web!
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) CSS Working Group is coming to town, and will be joining with city, university and community folks for a meetup during their stay in the Old Pueblo.
Along with private meetings, a free, public meetup will be held @spoke6 on Tuesday, February 5th 2013 beginning at 6:30. Short talks as well as group discussions will be moderated by Tucson’s own @mollydotcom with presentations by the following awesome humans:
- Bert Bos (W3C), Co-father of the CSS language
- Daniel Glazman, Disruptive Innovations, Co-chair of the working group
- Tab Atkins, Google Chrome
- Elika “Fantasai” Etemad, Mozilla Corporation
- Simon Sapin, Kozea, Developer of WeasyPrint, tinycss
- Folks from Microsoft, Adobe, UofA, the community and more!
The price of this fabulous lineup? FREE! There will be wine, beer, nibbles and other refreshments and time to visit casually with everyone before and after the moderated portion.